Friday, October 19, 2012

Top 10 tools for learning 2012

Top 10 tools for learning 2012:
Jane Hart ( @C4LPT ) is compiling the 6th annual list of Top 100 tools for learning.

Here's my current set (based on what I'm using at the moment):

  1. Flipboard - one of the best mobile apps I've seen for consuming and filtering content.
  2. Jing - a free tool, from the makers of Camtasia, for creating quick annotated images or 5 minute screen capture movies
  3. Evernote - I'm starting to use this as my sole note-taking and thinking tool. The way it synchronizes across all my devices is almost magical!
  4. Google Chrome - I haven't found a browser yet that matches it for simplicity and speed - essential for a knowledge worker
  5. b2evolution - one of the most powerful multi-user, multi-blog platforms out there. I don't use even 50% of that power, but it's been the basis of my blog for many years. Its spam control measures are great.
  6. Wordpress - the website/blogging platform of choice for new projects. It's just so simple to use and to tweak. Spam control is a bit rubbish though!
  7. Yammer - after considerable research, this is still the best corporate social platform available. Great multi-platform capabilities, and they really understand what drives conversation.
  8. Google Reader - even though the interface has now lost quite a bit of "social' functionality, it's still the place where I maintain the list of RSS feeds from people and organisations that keep me up-to-date. It's where I go for deep-thinking. The link with Flipboard is excellent.
  9. Twitter - Perfect for quick breaks to have a conversation with people who are around at the same time. Anything more extended than a couple of lines doesn't work on Twitter (IMO), but nice to feel you're part of a wider community. The link with Flipboard brings Twitter posts to life.
  10. Yed Graph Editor - I'm still playing with this, but it's becoming an extremely useful tool to me; for organising thoughts and ideas.

[Edit: See also the Wyver Solutions Top 10 Tools for Learning from a corporate perspective]
Original post
Don't forget to visit the Wyver Solutions blog for more ideas about choosing, implementing and using learning technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...