Sunday, January 8, 2012

What Have We Learned about Training in over 70 years? [VIDEO]

What Have We Learned about Training in over 70 years? [VIDEO]:

My favorite design thinker Dan Roam posted a YouTube video on how a Differential System works on cars. I was blown away by the quality of the video and how confident I felt in understanding the complex system of a differential. After watching the video I noticed other videos in that right hand column of YouTube and so I watched another training video.



The videos I watched are in this post.
Do me a favor. Watch them both and tell me your immediate gut reaction. Also, tell me if you had prior knowledge of the topic before viewing these videos.



What do they have in common? Can you see, or simply sense, a particular learning model? Or template? Or format? What about the development technology? Did it one work better than the other? What about the scripting? Put yourself in the shoes of the instructional designers. What methods does it look like they used to design and develop this training? Better yet, is this even training at all?

Ready? Go!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...